Can a Remote Control Thermostat replace My Existing Thermostat?

Hello Everyone,
I'm thinking about buying a remote control thermostat for my bedroom
but want to be sure the unit I buy will is compatible with my
thermostat. I'm disabled and once in bed, cannot get up in the middle
of the night to adjust the thermostat. My apartment has electric heat
and the thermostat is a simple unit with just one single knob to
adjust the temperature. The thermostat I'm thinking of buying can be
seen at
http://www.smarthome.com/2491T1/Venstar-Thermostat-INSTEON-Remote-Control-Thermostat-1-Day-Programmable/p.aspx.
I asked the building super here about this but he was not sure if that
remote control thermostat could be wired in place of my existing unit.