Re: Light sensor for OFF at dusk and ON at daylight?

On Sun, 31 Oct 2010 07:20:22 -0500, "Dr.Smith"
<joexxxsmith@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

><dh@.> wrote in message news:r2enb697jog0oaqsu6denp5m688cevh98t@xxxxxxxxxx
>> I'm interested in finding a light sensor/110V outlet combination
>> that turns things off at dusk an on at daylight, instead of the
>> other way around as most of them do. Can anyone suggest where to
>> get such a thing, or where else I can ask about it?
>>
>> Thanks for any help!
>> David
>
>What are you using it for?  Could a timer work instead?.  Just curious, I
>might learn something.

    I'm using it to light a bird cage. I wanted the lights to go
along pretty much with day and night cycles for the area we are
in, and was going to use timers and change the settings every
couple of weeks or whatever, but even if I got that going
smoothly a power failure would mess things up. So the idea of
letting the sun do it since that's what I'm trying to simulate
seemed like the best way to go, and still does.