Home Security

Are there any devices on the market which might act like an outdoor
"sentry"?  By that I mean something which will monitor (IR, motion, sound,
etc) a specific perimeter and stay in contact (eg wifi) with a computer
network.  I envision being able to utilize multiple sentry devices to secure
areas around a building, alerting the network should something be picked up.
I'm not talking about video survellience but IR, motion, sounds within a
predetermined threshold, etc).  The rinky-dink devices commonly available
aren't sophisticated enough for this application.  Can you identify sources
to research for these outdoor "sentry" devices?
Thanks.