Re: CAT5e wiring question

I didn't use any plates with jacks in them for my house. I coiled about 5-7
feet of cat5 wire in the wall before the drywall went on. After the drywall
was complete I pull the cat5 wires from the string loops on staples and
bring the cables out through plates with holes in them. Install your RJ-31
plugs and plug right into your TV, router or CPU. No extra connections in
the lines and much cheaper. The cables are always hid behind something
anyway. If not in use, coil it up and tuck back into the wall cavity. This
doesn't work so well in outside insualted walls though. Use a double box and
coil tightly.

For wall plates I used an octagon box to recepticle plate adapter and
screwed it to the stud. The drywaller runs his cutout tool around it and you
have a plate with a standard hole spacing that takes a standard cover.

"Al Dykes" <adykes@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
In article
<fd39dfd2-f301-48da-9817-3e3a3be778ea@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,

Use RJ jacks in wall plates or surface-mount blocks to terminate the
cables you pull. Buy patch cords to connect the wallplate jack to your
PC or whatever.

--
Al Dykes
 News is something someone wants to suppress, everything else is