Re: Control Hot Water Circ Pump With X10?

On Thu, 26 Aug 2010 20:20:18 -0400, "Petem" <petem001@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> "Anthony R. Gold" <not-for-mail@xxxxxxxxxx> a écrit dans le message de
> groupe de discussion : imic76lu6hmk94mras1ut6lholke72u7fa@xxxxxxxxxx
>
>> The switch will stop water circulation at times that hot water is not
>> needed,
>> such as in the middle of the night and when the property is empty.  That
>> will
>> tend to save fuel without wasting any water.
>>
>> Tony
>
> thats ok I understood the system, of course all this hot water circulating
> in pipes all day long will heat the house as a draw back, and at the same
> time consume fuel for heating the water back to level, and electricity for
> the pump, and we need to cool that house down.. all this to save some water,
> and have a little bit of comfort... Geee.. really I think this whole Idea is
> a damn lost of resource..

One's level of comfort and whether to have any running hot water or whether
to have it available immediately, will depend on one's level of affluence and
where one chooses to allocate it.  That you can't afford or don't choose to
afford such a system is no reason for you to denigrate the choices of others.

Tony