Re: Control Hot Water Circ Pump With X10?

On Thu, 26 Aug 2010 06:43:39 -0400, "petem" <petem001@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Ok got it.. all this to save water.. Here we dont have that problem ;-)

Not just to save water - also to improve comfort by having hot water
available immediately at points of use (e.g. showers, taps, laundry
appliances) without any delays.

Where is "here"?

> so your problem is that to save water you spend electricity.. So you want to
> save on electricity, but to do so, you will now start loosing water with the
> use of a switch, making this whole system useless....

The switch will stop water circulation at times that hot water is not needed,
such as in the middle of the night and when the property is empty.  That will
tend to save fuel without wasting any water.

Tony