Re: Control Hot Water Circ Pump With X10?

In article <40qqdg.lts.19.1@xxxxxxxxxxx>,
 David White <whitedavidp@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello. My house has a hot water circulating pump built in and located
> near my hot water tank. It currently runs 24/7 and this is excessive. So
> I would like to put it on a timer controlled by my X10 system. The pump
> is wired to a wall switch so I think it easiest to replace the standard
> wall switch with an X10 switch. I have done this with many of the lights
> in my house so it should be easy for me to accomplish. My question is
> which model switch should I use? Is something like the WS467 ok? Or is
> there another unit that would be better for use with the pump? Thanks
> for your advice.

Use a relay switch rated for high inductive loads, like the XPS3. Check
with an electrician or the vendor if you're unsure. Or use a dedicated
timer like the Instamatic ST01C.

Steve

--
steve <at> w0x0f <dot> com
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of