Re: Internet Microphone?

On Sun, 22 Aug 2010 00:01:16 -0700 (PDT), whitehexagon
<whitehexagon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> You might want to have a look at ioBridge, they offer a fairly simple
> way of monitoring/remote control (no PC required!).  In your case the
> advantage would be the free logging service that is included.  You
> could for example base it on a temperature sensor attached to the
> generator.   Accessing a we page will show you a 30 day history of
> temperature which should show what time the generator turned on and
> off. You could even add an email alert for when the temperature goes
> above ambient so you'd get an email each time it fires up.

Thanks for that, it be useful for some other applications, such as sensing
the garage door or street gates http://www.audon.co.uk/images/iobridge1.jpg
but I believe listening to the sound is the best way to monitor the weekly
exercise of my standby generator.

Tony