Cable vs other choices

We live in N. California
We have had Comcast in our home for many years. But they constantly
keep raising prices especially in this economy.

With Comcast we have
-cable TV (  approx. 75 channels) ,
-2 tel lines and
-high spd internet.

We do not have HBO, MTV etc A few good channels like Animal planet,
Disney, are sufficient

They have raised their price from $140 to $180 per month.

When the economy is in shambles. Prices of oil, interest rates are
coming down, Comcast has decided to raise prices. And now they want us
to pay an additional $2 per month per TV for a DTA box raising the
monthly charge even more! This is for transition to digital or HDTV.

We are considering alternatives ?

Can anyone suggest any ?
Which products/ companies offer good value ?

What are the pros and cons of other options like Direct TV or dish
TV ?

Please help.

Thanks,
Kim