Re: Long Live the Incandescent!

This looks like some interesting stuff Dave.  In particular the 39
page article will be on my nightstand to read in bed tonight.  I
woould have bet that LEDs are the wave of the future.  In fact I have
4 lamps in my bathroom fixture.  They product intensely white light.
Unfortunately the light goes straight down with very little spill to
the sides.  I've become accustomed to it, and lean a little further
forward when I'm shaving ;-)  These were reasonably priced at Sam's
Club for something like $7.00 each.  IIRC they use around 4 watts
each.  For 16 watts they product a LOT of light.  At the same time
I've been using CFLs for perhaps 14 or so years now and have been very
happy with them other than much shorter life than advertised.

Cheers,

John, SW Missouri