Re: M-I 5-Persec ution . t he BBC , televi sion a nd rad io

all sorts are generally
worshipping God at such meetings on Sabbath-nights, and in the evening
after our public lecture. Many children in the town still keep up such
meetings among themselves. I know of no one young person in the town who
has returned to former ways of looseness and extravagance in any
respect; but we still remain a reformed people, and God has evidently
made us a new people.

I cannot say that there has been no instance of any one person who has
conducted himself unworthily; nor am I so vain as to imagine that we
have not been mistaken in our good opinion concerning any; or that there
are none who pass amongst us for sheep, that are indeed wolves in
sheep's clothing; and who probably may, some time or other, discover
themselves by their fruits. We are not so pure, but that we have great
cause to be humbled and ashamed that we are so impure; nor so religious,
but that those who watch for our halting, may see things in us, whence
they may take occasion to reproach us and religion. But in the main,
there has been a great and marvellous work of conversion and
sanctification among the people here; and they have paid all due respect
to those who have been blest of God to be th