Re: New Installation = Insteon

TheWalkman@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>My concern/ point, is why wouldn't someone offer something as basic as
>this as a true Insteon receptacle product?

Given the volume of X-10 business that Smarthome does, they probably have a
pretty good handle on what the market wants so I suspect sockets are not in
that much demand. Most people seem to want dimmers, even with fluorescents.

>If I'm going to the effort to install a technology, rigging it to work
>with X-10 seems to negate most of the benefits of going with Insteon
>to begin with.

True, but all Insteon controllers can also control X-10 and all Insteon
devices can be configured as either or both.