X10 Status request

I have a 2-way module and a TW523 2-way interface.

Using a PIC microcontroller I am able to send on, off, etc code to the
modules, and read commands sent by controllers.

I am looking for some help sending a STATUS request to my 2 way module.

XOUT X10Out,zCross,[house\unit,House\%11001]  ' <----%11001  is correct code
for status request not 11111
XIN X10in,zCross,[housekey]
SerOut2 PORTA.3,16468,#housekey,13,10]

Sending above returns 517 (1000000101) if the module is on or off. Any ideas
why I am getting the same answer for both states? Do I need to send an
extend code first?

Any general help or info regarding the status request would be appreciated.