Undecided on a home contoller

Seems like the more I read, the more unsure I become.......

I liked the HAI because of the integrated security panel and UPB for lighting
controls.  The JDS unit seemed more "tinkerable" and I like the phone
operations.  Are there add-ons to either or both so I can do it all?  Are
there other controllers out there that I'm not aware of?  Am I even starting
in the right place?

Any opinions would be appreaciated.  Thanks!