Re: Question on Remote Data Access

Robert L Bass wrote:
> PC Anywhere used to offer telephone access as one of the options for remo=
te controlling a PC.  You might want to give that a browse.

> --
>
> Regards,
> Robert L Bass

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>
> Bass Home Electronics
> 941-866-1100
> 4883 Fallcrest Circle
> Sarasota =B7 Florida =B7 34233
> http://www.bassburglaralarms.com
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>

> >I have a situation where I have some sensors I want to montor manually
> > at my cabin (say once a week). The sensor data I am gathering is in the
> > form of a small file, say 5Kbytes. It is simple stuff, mainly
> > temperature profiles. I have a little controller (STAMP based)
> > gathering the data; it is not a PC, but it has a USB and RS232
> > interface. I do not have Internet access at the cabin. Is there an easy
> > way for me to set up a phone interface to this unit so that I can call
> > it from my PC and pick up this data? No problem adding a modem. I am
> > just looking for the simplest way to get the data.

I don't have a PC at the cabin. I just have a small controller board
that puts the temperature data into flash memory. I can download the
data into my laptop over RS232 when I am local. I am just trying to see
if there is an easy way to get access to this file over a phone line.