Suggestion for an approach to gather Temperature and Humidity information (Interior/Exterior)

Hi,

    I am starting to look at automating a number of HVAC related systems
(HRV, Heat pump, emergency heat, humidifier/dehumidifier, attic fans, duct
dampers, etc...) to automate climate control throughout the house in a
energy efifcient manner.

    I was wondering if anyone had suggestions / recommendations on a
temperature and humidity data collection approach (relatively affordable)?
I will use the resulting data to manage the controls of the systems to
balance the climate conditions within the house.  All the data needs to be
supplied back to a PC where all the automated controls of the system
resides.

    I was looking at the Ocelot and related modules but I am not sure if
this is the best (or most cost efficient) approach.

Thanks.

--

Martin