Re: Survey: Home Control Software

While you did not address your questions to me, I can answer some of them.

Insteon devices require neutral.

Insteon has over-hyped some of their marketing jargon, particularly the
"dual mesh network" phrase, leading to a frequent misunderstanding. There
are only a very limited number of Insteon devices that send/receive RF. They
use an RF link to couple the phases and you can add RF Access Points, if
needed, but the switches and plug-in modules are not-RF capable, they only
send/receive via the powerline. They are planning more RF devices. There's
awhitepaper on the Insteon web site that gives the details if you want to
know more.

Forward error correction is impossible with X-10.

http://davehouston.net  http://davehouston.org