Re: X10 Garage door open/close ?

>I was wondering if anyone had a novel approach on how to open/close a garage door?
>
> With a SINGLE Power Flash I can either Change the state blind  or with a floor switch either open it or close it only.

With two power flashes and a form "C" sensor, using the same method as you already know only extending it, you can have one X10
signal for Door Open and another for Door Close.  You don't really need a relay as long as the sensor's contacts are rated for the
whatever current the opener's input uses.

You might want to consider adding a second safety photo sensor, a few inches higher than your car's rear bumper to prevent
accidentally closing it onto your trunk if you're not meticulous about pulling the car all the way in each time (been there,
scratched that).

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass