Re: Computer Control over Leviton Green Series Components

On Sat, 04 Aug 2007 17:40:30 GMT, nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxx (Dave Houston)
wrote:

> "Anthony R. Gold" <not-for-mail@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 04 Aug 2007 15:15:26 GMT, nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxx (Dave Houston)
>> wrote:
>>
>>> http://www.smarthome.com/manuals/4289&4292.pdf
>>>
>>> "Cat. Nos. HCMØ6 and HCM1Ø can be operated manually as a standard type
>>> dimmer. The module may be set to any of 256 address codes, to be selected at
>>> the time of installation. The desired address is set by depressing and
>>> holding the recessed button until the ON/OFF LED flashes. The code is then
>>> learned from any transmitter when it sends the DHC command."
>>
>> Thanks.  But does anyone know how to discover which address code a
>> receiver has learnt during that setup method?

> It learns the first code transmitted after it is put into programming mode.

Yes, and that was clear from the documentation and stated in your earlier.

But when the switch receiver learnt its code from wall switch controllers
which sent extended codes of the type I listed before such as K[1]012636,
how does one determine which simple X10 code will operate it?  And/or how
does one set up Homeseer or any other X10 compatible software to generate
such extended codes?  I am asking particularly whether anyone has any
experience of doing this and whether they would explain how they did it.

Tony