Re: X10 programming from PC

> Using a PC to control x-10?  Wouldn't you rather have some diskless,
> fanless, microsoftless box, made to be on 24/7, that won't tie down
> your PC?  Wouldn't that be nicer?

Too right!  But I'm not talking about my PC being up and running all the
time.  At the moment I just fire up ActiveHome when I want to change the
timings on my various lights and appliances.  Then I download the data to
the CM11 and let it get on with it.

HOWEVER - because the damn CM11 seems to be inherently unreliable in that
mode (i.e. running downloaded timings and macros) the obvious solution is to
operate it in "dumb" mode as a signalling converter, and let another
computer do the controlling.

I wouldn't use a PC, though, unless it was up and running all the time for
some other purpose, like AZ Woody's.

I have thought about implementing my own PIC-based solution to take over the
"smarts" of the CM11, just using the CM11 as a signalling converter.

Has anyone else done this already?  Or can I buy something like it?

Thack