Re: x10 Yard lighting rnnng cable question

> I am in the process of digging the trenches at the moment. Is there any
> suggestions from the gurus out there of how to get underneath the path
> without breaking it ? I was thinking of using a metal tube or a wooden
steak
> to hollow out the ground but if there is an easier way I would love to
hear
> it.

I've done it with a length of PVC pipe and the male part of a hose repair
kit.  Insert the threaded part of the kit into the end of a length of PVC
pipe.  Thread the garden hose into the other end.  Use the water pressure
and a some 'gouging' motion to push the pipe under the walkway.  The hassle
with this is you'll need to dig a trench perpendicular to the pathway that's
deep enough to allow pushing the pipe.  On the other side you need only dig
a hole down to the point it'll come out.  One you've made it under the
walkway you can unthread the nozzle and hose, cut the pipe to length and
leave it underground.  I've done this on several paths (one up to 11'
across) and while it's messy it does work quite well.

-Bill Kearney