Re: Singing light bulb on dimmer switch

On Sat, 20 May 2006 16:35:29 GMT, CJT <abujlehc@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>I wonder whether a rectifier and capacitor between the dimmer and the
>lamp would work (then the lamp would see DC).  I bet somebody here
>knows whether that would wreak havoc with the dimmer.

Since the output of the dimmer is still AC, that would dim it further.
by cutting the current in half, unless you used  something like a
bridge rectifier (4 diodes arranged in a square) that is full wave.

(Sorry, maybe htat is what you mean to begin with.)

 Then you'd be running yhour lightbulb on DC, and I would be very
intersted in how well that would work.