Re: Singing light bulb on dimmer switch

Years ago I tried to use a bridge and two 40mF 450V caps to banish some
nasty hum coming from two chandeliers, each with five 50W bulbs. Way too
much load for the caps. The hum remained and the caps were seconds away from
exploding due to their instant heat buildup. It might have worked with a
smaller load.