Re: Singing light bulb on dimmer switch

On Sun, 21 May 2006 20:54:28 -0400, "David D."
<daviddiamond.remove-if-not-spam@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>NM,
>
>    Thanks for the offer.  But I do need a G50.
>
>    A G40 is a 5" diameter globe with a standard screw base.   I could use a
>plain 150w bulb, but it would not be as attactive.  This is an tiffany-shade
>type ceiling swag over the kitchen table.

So the bulb itself shows. And it's 5 inches, so it might have a much
bigger filament than the minimum size 150 incandescent.

You might be better off removing the dimmer and buying the size you
most want to use.

I wanted the 150 for the dining area, because I only have one lamp, a
floor lamp, in my living area.  It's always sort of awkward to get to
it, and sometimes near impossible, and it doesn't light up the whole
area.  So I want a bright dining room bulb.  If it weren't for that, I
think I'd use a 100W.