Re: Temperature control--why?

This may not exactly answer your question, but:

Before I had central A/C installed I plugged my window and wall air
conditioners into X-10 appliance modules.  I have a phone controller.
So rather than have the air conditioners on a timer, I could simply
call and turn them on before leaving work, ensuring my house was at the
right temperature when I got home.  If I'd simply put them on timers
they'd often be on when I didn't need them to be, since I didn't always
come home at the same time.  And sometimes I didn't need to turn them
on at all.

Comedian Shaun Eli
www.BrainChampagne.com
Brain Champagne:  Clever Comedy for Smart Minds (sm)
now with comedy video on the website