Flashing lights

My wife and I are both hard of hearing and don't hear the doorbell. There is
a standard solution for this which flashes all the lights on and off when
the doorbell rings. However, this technique assumes that you remember to
switch on the lights in any room that you are in during the day. The power
to the lightng circuit is held off until the doorbell rings. At night the
lighting circuit is broken so all lights on are flashed off - IYSWIM.

Hey, there's got to be a better way. I can't remember to switch lights on by
day. Can I achieve what I want using X10? Is there a better system? One of
the requirements is that if I move house I can relatively easily take the
system with me. I don't mind replacing all light switches before I move
house, but don't want the system to be hard-wired in.

Any ideas?

--
Lyndon