Re: Temperature control--why?

I have mine all connected to the security and home automation computer.
Whenever I head out the door and trip the security system, the combination
sets the thermostats to different settings.  If I am just away, it turns
things a couple of degrees in some areas of the home.  It may go up during
the summer or down in winter.  For longer terms, I just put in vacation mode
and the amount of change is much greater.  It also turns the water heater
off.  There are also different lighting sequences that are enabled based on
the security system level settings.  For vacations, it even turns off the
water supply to the house so it can't leak.

Security settings also adjust the frequency of the system taking video
captures as well as the number saved.

Lots of things can be controlled using a combiniation of security system,
HVAC, Lighting, Cameras.

--

Don

www.k9soa.net

Home of JEANNIE
The House That Listens
As appeared on HGTV
 and in Home Automation, Kentucky Living magazines

Have some fun and come visit and turn my lights on and off.

Over 10,000 visitors since January 2005
Over 25,000 since May 2003