Computer-Controlled Power Outlet

All,

I know nothing about home automation and am not sure this is the right
place, but it's the closest I can find.  I would like to buy a power
strip or similar device which I can turn on and off via commands from a
computer.

I don't have funky devices which can receive commands, just a regular
lamp.  I'd like to turn it on, leave it on, plug it into an outlet my
computer can control and program my computer so that when a certain
thing happens, it turns the power on or off at the "outlet" the lamp is
plugged into.

This is for my cubicle at work, so I can't rewire anything - it needs
to be a power strip or box I plug into a regular outlet.

If anyone knows of something I can buy to do this, please let me know.

Thanks,

Liz