Re: Sending commands between Linux and Windows

On Mon, 08 May 2006 00:34:02 +0000, Renoir wrote:

> I run all my X10 hardware on my PC, and alot of other applications on my
> dedicated Linux server (Fedora Core 3).
>
> What I want to be able to do is have scripts run commands on the other
> machine in response to events.  For instance, if my Apache server goes

I'd try via web CGI type interfaces---you don't have to install additional
services, deal with firewalls, etc. On Linux, it's as simple as having
a file in the cgi-bin directory that is executed by the server when the
URL mentioning it is given to the server.