Re: Choosing a HOT WATER RECIRCULATOR for QUICK HOT WATER DELIVERY or for HOT WATER ON D'MAND is now a whole

Who's this SQLit character?  First he responds with the below message
where he stated that "IT WORKED FINE FOR A FEW YEARS" but then he
states that due to the cheap timer which wouldn't keep time,  this is
amazing...."HE OPENED UP THE UNIT AND PUT IN (soldered) A TIMER RELAY"
because of a timer that wouldn't keep time?

Then later SEE SECOND MESSAGE...he posts that "IT WORKED FLAWLESSLY
FOR ABOUT 18 MONTHS THEN IT CRAPPED.  THE DEALER WAS LESS THEN
HELPFUL"

Does this guy Mr. SQLit actually expect the dealer to help him out
AFTER HE HAD MODIFIED THE CIRCUITRY BY SOLDERING IN A TIMER RELAY?  Is
this guy for real???

Maybe SQLit stands for SHOULD QUESTION LEGITIMACY OF HIS POSTINGS...or
maybe it stands for SHOULD QUIT LYING
SQLit 	 	Posts: n/a

 Re: Hot water recirculator

"Bob" <RBF1147-UN@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> I'm contemplating getting a residential hot water recirculating system.
> Two models available are the the Chili Pepper
> ([url]http://www.chilipepperapp.com[/url]) and the Laing Autocirc
> ([url]http://www.autocirc.com)[/url]. Both operate on the same principle. The
> pump goes between the hot and cold lines at the fixture farthest from
> the water heater. Water is pumped from the hot side back through the
> cold side until hot water arrives at the faucet.
>
> What experiences, good or bad, has anyone had with such devices?[/color]

I purchased something called ~Rediheat at a home show. Mine was cause
the SO
was nagging all of the time that it took so long to get hot water in
her
bathroom. It was connected to the hot and cold water lines under the
sink.
When called for it "pumped" the hotwater into the cold water pipe
until the
line got hot. It was in a fancy box with an el cheapo time clock on it
that would
 never hold time more than a day or two. I opened up and put a timer
relay on it
and use a push button to turn it on. I thought it worked fine but the
SO was
back into bitching mode again. ( I finally asked her to move out ) It
worked
fine for a few years and then the pump crapped out. Water is pretty
aggressive where I live.
 06-16-2005, 08:45 PM

SQLit 	 	Posts: n/a

 Re: Choosing a HOT WATER RECIRCULATOR for QUICK HOT WATER DELIVERY or
for HOT WATER ON D'MAND just got a whole lot easier.

<Info@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

> Posting the results / findings from extensive research performed on
> the internet and previous owners experiences. The comparison chart
> includes links to websites to backup our findings / claims.
>
> [url]http://www.redytemp.com/ComparisonChart.pdf[/url][/color]

I had one of these in my last house. Worked flawlessly for about 18
months
then it crapped. The dealer was less than helpful.

My opinion it is not worth the money that it costs. Try the box stores
or
just get a pump from your local industrial supply store and do the
undersink
connections yourself.