Does anyone make an "alarm" that tells when something is powered on/off?

Does anyone make an "alarm" that tells when something is powered on/off?

I'm picturing something you plug an appliance into, that will sense the
load.  When the appliance is turned on or off, it sends a UHF-wireless
chirp to a little beeper you can take around the house.

Something that will tell me when the laundry is done :)

Background: i have a gas dryer, which only requires a normal 120V
outlet.