Re: PLCBUS

Jo,

UPB discharges a capacitor to generate a (noise) pulse. It would be a bit of
a stretch to call that spread spectrum. If it were on a 50Hz system it would
be capable of 200 bits per second which is 200/8 or 25 bytes per second. UPB
uses a variable command length which can be 7-25 bytes long. Even with the
shortest command, that's 25/7 or just under 6 commands per second (with the
longest command it becomes 1 command per second) as opposed to PLCBUS which
says they can send 10 commands per second.

The English version of their web site is difficult reading because the
English is awkward so I suppose it might be UPB based. They indicate they
licensed the technology from a US software company called Magma. Whether
that's related to PCS, I don't know.

Your best approach is to send email to info@xxxxxx asking the questions you
have directly.