Re: Dial-up security/automation assistance request

I don't know anything about it, but I know the HA software that I use (CQC -
charmedquark.com) has an SMS modem driver. Rather than leave a machine
hooked up to a phone line (and connected), you could research what it would
take to send/receive messages over SMS for control.

FWIW, I'd be concerned about hooking up a security system to an
always-kind-of-on connection like dial-up. Too flaky, too exposed.

Note: I am a mere end-user with no financial stake in any products that I
may discuss.

My Personal Website w/my Home Automation PC:
http://www.myhomeautomationpc.com, last updated 4/11

My Home Automation Blog: http://homeautomation.wordpress.com/