Re: Software for Central Heating Control

Steve S wrote:
> <meow2222@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:My
> > first choice would likely be a BBC B. If youre not familiar with them,
> > theyre 1982 32k 4MHz command line machines with inbuilt OS and BASIC,
> > and are stable as a rock. They also have lots of A./D I/O onboard, ...
>
> <snip>
>
> I'd avoid onboard A/D like the plague. The distances involved are much too
> great to use analogue signals reliably.
>
> Steve S

I would have to disagree, having routed analogue round houses and
commercial premises with unshielded untwisted cable, and had nice
consistently clean signals. There are various ways, but the simplest
for these slow moving signals would be to put a cap across the line at
the computer end.

NT