Re: Help with 7 Circuit Project?

As someone who ACTUALLY has RadioRA installed, I am reasonably sure that
the perceived delay is not because the signal must make a "round trip". The
difference between a signal travelling 5 feet (from controller to switch),
10 feet (controller-repeater-switch) or 20 feet (controller-repeater-switch
(ack) - repeater - controller) via radio wave is unlikely to be perceived
by a human.

Radio waves are fast. (Now, powerline signals, on the other hand, are slower
than radio signals, but I'd content that most people can't perceive them
either - if you can, you probably notice 60 Hz flicker and notice the effect
of electronic dimming, but I digress.)

The RadioRA "stacking" "problem" is that the switch doesn't send the second
command doesn't start until the first command is acknowledged and COMPLETE.
Since the default ramp rate is something like 1.5 or 2 seconds, this is the
delay you see. For example, stack all the on/off commands you like to the
non-dimming switches, and you wont see the effect, because those completion
times are perceived as instant.

On the other hand, when I go downstairs to the den, I press the first (top)
button then the second button on the controller at the top of the stairs.
The stair light ramps up as I am walking down, and, about two steps from
the bottom (when it hits full) the den lights are starting to come up.

This is NOT becuase the radio waves are taking too long to make a "round
trip".

- B