maximum length for audio cable?

Hi all.  I have a media player upstairs that streams video and audio from my
PC to my TV set.  It works great.  But sometimes, when playing music, I want
to feed the audio out from the media player into my downstairs stereo
system.  The distance from media player to stereo is about 25 feet.  If I
buy some 25 foot rca-rca shielded patch cords, will that be OK?  Or is the
distance too long?  Thanks for any advice, Richard