Help needed with Sockets, using Mister House...

Hello,

Please excuse the newbie question...

I want to send the word "Mail", followed by a CR over the Ethernet to IP
address 192.168.1.123 on Port 2101.

I searched the MH Docs to no avail...

I looked at various code examples, and tried many things.
I can't get it right!

The code I use now looks like this:

  # Window/Door sensor items

  if ($state = state_now $Mailbox_sensor) {
    $state = "open"   if ($state =~ /^alert/i);
    $state = "closed" if ($state =~ /^normal/i);
    print_log "Mailbox's front door is now $state";

    if ($state eq "open"){play(`file` => "GOTMAIL.wav")}
  }

I'm using an X10 DS10A embedded into the door of my new plastic mailbox.

Here is a picture:

http://www.logicunlimited.com/images/sModdedDoor-Front&Back+.jpg

I have an Elk M1 panel. It can listen to port 2101 on the Ethernet...

I want Mister House to trigger the mighty M1, via Ethernet in this manor.

Can anybody help?

I'm such a newbie I may need you to show me where to insert it into my
code, too.

Just get one "(" in the wrong place, or forget a "}" and you're not
getting there!

Been doing alot of head scratchin. Please help!

Thankx, in advance!

Jack
:)