Re: RF light switch

news:432da484.13295330@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Given that the point of both the Echelon white paper and the Spread
Spectrum
> article is that free air range is not an indicator of indoor range, I'd
say
> your point was pointless.

Ah yes, continuing your 'be an argumentative git' behavior, eh?

The echelon article discussed an example that didn't RF didn't cover based
on interior wall layouts (and that moving the xcvr didn't help).  I'm
finding that not to be the case with my rather typical real-world situation.
Sure, there's variables involved, but my addition of an outbuilding will
continue to follow the article's example, in that the repeater will continue
to be indoors.  That the additional switch will happen to be across a 30'
air gap that's outside is pretty irrelevant.

I've done echelon programming so I'm familiar with their products, along
with their general failure to produce anything other than limited market
devices.  Shame, really, they've got some pretty cool ideas, just no
follow-through to market.