Re: is X10 2-way ?

On Sun, 27 Nov 2005 19:03:27 +0000, Dave Houston wrote:
  <snip>
> Newer X-10 devices that respond to extended codes (LM14A, AM14A in the USA)
> can be configured to report any change of state and the documentation
> indicates that this extended code reflects the state of the load itself. I'm
> not sure whether the European equivalents include this feature.
  <snip>

It's possible I have a bum unit, but the single PAM22 I own (3-pin
X10 Pro version "AM14A" - date sticker 02K47) always reports a load
is connected, even with an open socket.  It was mentioned a few years
ago, I believe by Dan Lanciani, that the load reporting was
unreliable; perhaps X10 just permanently set the bit.

(On the other hand, the two LM14A units I own do reliably report
whether the connected lamp is switched on or off.)