Re: Balun & AV

AutomatedOutlet.com wrote:

> Nothing specific really. It depends on your acceptable level of picture
> quality. Normally you should be goot for about 100 feet or so without
> baluns.

> Martin Custer
> www.AutomatedOutlet.com

I agree with Martin, 100 feet would do just fine. We run 25-75 ft almost
every day in schools (a link between a teacher's outlet and a projector
location that's below the ceiling in the middle of the classroom), and
have done tests for up to 125ft. No visually detectable picture quality
degradation over (good quality) CAT5E cable.

On the question of pinouts: that's the thing with non-standard
applications: you can pick your own pinout. Just make sure you use the
same pinout on both ends.

--
Dmitri Abaimov, RCDD
http://www.cabling-design.com

http://www.cabling-design.com/forums
alt.home.automation - 610 messages and counting!