Re: Porch light by remote question.

"Brian" <brian@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Black and Decker is a bit better then X10 products.

Where's the evidence for this?

>Can you put Lightolier PLC switches in the same category with X10 branded
>products?

Are you saying that the inexpensive B&D stuff is on a par with the much more
costly Lightolier switches?

I would also argue that the Lightolier X-10 stuff is no more immune to noise
and signal suckers than any other X-10 device. Why else would they use their
"firewall"?

>I think even you would agree how much more realiable every other product is
>compared to X10 manufactured modules.

No, I would not. My experience with several *Linc products is that they are
total crap when compared to X-10.

>Granted the Pro line is better but I would never install any of these
>switches during a customer install considering the other options.

Much of the X-10 Pro line is identical to the standard X-10 line. The only
difference is the case (in some instances) and warranty.

>I would also argue that FreeWire products look much better then X10.

Then you must be looking at something other than the keychain remote which
is identical to the X-10 keychain remote.

What are the FCC ID numbers on the B&D products? That will tell us who
manufactures them.