Re: Caller ID - 2 Types?

On Sun, 1 May 2005 06:04:32 -0700, Al Franz wrote:
> Have 2 different caller id boxes.  They both were working.  I was having
> line noise problems so the phone company came out and fixed my line and now
> caller id only works on one of the boxes?  I can switch the boxes to
> different lines and the same machine always fails.  What could it be.  Weird
> that this definitely started to behave this way after my phone line was
> worked on?
>
> Any ideas?

One possible idea, on the troublesome caller ID reverse the 2 lines
going to tha that box (I use a Radio Shack wall mount phone jack to
handle this). I haven't had this trouble with my CID unit but I recall
other devices not having reverse polarity on the house wiring.

--
Linux Home Automation         Neil Cherry       ncherry@xxxxxxxxxxx
http://home.comcast.net/~ncherry/               (Text only)