Re: Part suggestion

In article <gq6dnfG3FeDio-XfRVn-hA@xxxxxxxxxxx>,
Travis Smith <trsjax@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>I need a dimable outlet capable of supporting up to 1000W. Does anybody know
>of such a source for such an animinal? Would it be possible to gang 4 300W
>outlets together to acomplish the same thing? ( I assume I could address all
>4 the same.)
>
>TIA for any feedback.

Ganging up multiple lower-rated items will *NOT* work acceptably.
While it looks good "in theory", "in reality" there are problems.
Starting with the 'imbalances' that develop if one unit doesn't step
exactly in sync with others.  Or, if one fails 'open', the others
are overloaded -- resulting in 'magic smoke' release, with possibly
catastrophic *other* side-effects.