Re: Structured Wiring Questions.

> I was lucky. All the necessary telco infrustructure needed to keep my
> DSL going also had power.

If your DSL link is to the central office it's very likely it'll stay
running.  Mine did two summers ago.

> If you think about COAX and ethernet at the same wallplate you never
> use your PC within a couple feet of your TV (except for the
> Tivo/cablebox).  You'll be using a long TV or data patch cord all the
> time.

Yeah, this is important.  Where the TV is located is very likely to be
different from something using the network.  It's possible the TV stuff
might need a phone line but it's also likely a regular phone handset
probably won't need to be near the TV.  Basically it helps to do some
thinking about where everything will be placed when actual furniture is
installed (not implying you didn't).

-Bill Kearney