Re: Structured Wiring Questions.

> 1. Coax for cable tv.
> 2. Coax satellite tv.

Bear in mind that some satellite systems can use more than a single wire. A
dual-tuner DirecTV unit requires two links to the multiswitch/dish.

Sometimes it's 'better' to put the AV stuff in one place and distribute it's
signals internally instead.

> 3. Cat5 for an analog phone line.

Which allows for up to 4 POTS lines.

> 4. Cat5 for Voice-over-IP phone line.
> 5. Cat6 for Ethernet/Internet

Why both?  Granted, if you want two ethernet devices in each location then
you could do this.  You could also use a switch at that location.  But if
you want a single wall connection for each device then having both is a good
idea.

> 1. What is the best way to run wire from the attic through
>     the 2nd floor ending up at the bottom floor.  Do I make 1 ft.
>     diameter holes in the walls to drill between floors?

One FOOT?  How much are wire you thinking of running?

> 2. How do I navigate around/through firebreaks located on the
>     exterior walls?

Check with your local building inspection department.

> 3. Would you recommend that I run 1" - 2" diameter pvc piping so that
>     I can run the wires in the piping.  What this allows is for
>     me to add or remove wiring easily at a later time.  My only concern
>     is that I will weaken the structure of the house by running pvc
>     through the walls and between floors.

No more so than what regular plumbing does.  You have to take care when
putting holes in structural members of a house.  Too many holes in a joist
is a bad thing.  Not all walls are structurally significant.

> 4. In terms of the list above, should I add anymore type of wiring?
>     I was thinking of an intercom.

Intercom systems will generally run over anything.  But their placement is
usually near the entrance ot a room, not where you'd usually put TV, phone
or computer jacks.