Re: Cooling attic (and home) by spraying water on roof (shingles) - good/bad?

>> Mine also shows the temp with 1 decimal place
>> resolution.  When the remote sensor is brought
>> close to the unit and left to equilibrate for 10
>> minutes both readings agree with each other to
>> within about 0.5 degree.
>
> The readout doesn't mean anything.  I'd bet you're
> getting 2 C max accuracy.

That may be true, but it's probably safe to assume that the temperature
decrement which the gentleman read was not off by 2ºC.  Even assuming the
"before" and "after" temperature readings were off by a degree or two, the
delta reading was probably accurate to within a small fraction of a degree.

That said, I'm not sure this is an optimal use of natural resources.  Where
I live (southern Florida and northern Brazil at various times during the
year) water is more expensive than electricity.  A good fan can bring the
attic temperature to within 5ºC of the outside air temperature.  Operational
costs are minimal.

In Sarasota private well water cannot be used for this purpose for two
reasons.  First it's usually full of sulfur and iron deposits which would
stain the roof horribly and stink like rotten eggs.  Second, it's illegal.
We have strict environmental laws here to keep anyone other than strip
miners from wasting natural resources and destroying the ecology.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics