IRMan not compatible with Mriam on MSI RS480M2 mobo?

I've got a media centre based on the MSI RS480M2 mobo motherboard. I'm
using Miriam IR control software on Windows XP Sp2. For some reason my
IRMan receiver doesn't seem to be recognised, despite working fine on
another machine running the same O/S version and Miriam version.

Does anyone know if there may be a compatibility problem with the
IRMan and this sort of motherboard??

TIA for any advice
Ian