x10 basics--noob question

ok, i have a pull cord light above my kitchen sink that I need to replace
with a regular light fixture that needs to be controlled by a switch.  the
problem is that I can't get into the wall to access the wiring to make the
switch work properly.   somewhere along the way, someone told me that I
could overcome this problem by using an x10 switch module to control the new
light fixture.

so my question is: will x10 work for me in this application?  if so, what
components will I need and how do they install?  i have found this product
http://www.smarthome.com/2031.html  but don't know if it is what I need.  is
there something that will need to go on the light itself?  i'm confused and
haven't really found any good websites that address my specific questions.

thanks in advance,

TB in Austin