Re: TIRA is junk - AVOID IT!

This was over two years ago. It was not a commercial project but was done
gratis for some ALS victims. I wrote some free software to support Slink-e,
Ocelot, GC-100 as targets for USB-UIRT and Firecracker from a laptop mounted
on the chair. I was looking for the lowest cost hardware that could be
utilized for accomplishing the task. Those able to manipulate a PDA could
use some $15 commercial software with a $25 CF card IR extender which I
designed. It did not use Girder. My own health went further down the tubes
shortly afterwards and I no longer have time nor energy for projects like
this.

If I were to do it today I'd use a PIC12F683 + Silicon Labs CP2102 and do it
for $10-15 or I'd duplicate the functions of the GC-100 with a PIC and
ENC28J60 for about $25. And I'd write software myself for Windows, Linux and
PDAs. You're wasting your time. I suspect your company's idea of "reasonable
cost" and mine are many $$$$ apart. ;)