Power line bridge?

Two X10 applaince modules refused to respond to on or off commands last
night. Tried turning off and on all kinds of things with no change.  This
morning they both work properly. Again tried on and off on various items
that were running last night with no effect. No 220v appliances were
running.  Didn't think to try turning on a 220v appliance!

Suspected last night that I probably needed a bridge on the power lines but
now wonder if it could be some kind of interference from one of the
neighbors?  I have a total of  9 appliance/lamp modules outside and inside,
running christmas lights, and only these two (on the same circuit) are
giving trouble.  Don't know what phases they are on as this is my first
christmas in this house.

What is in a bridge?  I have some .01mf 1000v ceramic capacitors.. Would one
across the two phases do the job?

Will try turning on the electric stove oven and or the electric dryer if it
happens again.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Gary